Disinfectant Water Generator
Sodium Hypochlorite Generator & 350mL Spray Bottle
Turn water into an all-purpose disinfectant! Just add salt and tap water to our disinfectant water generator, which creates a sodium hypochlorite solution by electrolysis in 8-10 minutes. Click here to read our blog on why sodium hypochlorite is safe and effective.
The resulting disinfectant solution can be sprayed directly from the bottle for use in a variety of applications:
- Glass, stone, ceramic, vinyl, plastic, wood
- Kitchen counters, sinks, surfaces, and cutting boards
- Bathroom counters, sinks, showers, toilet seats, and surfaces
- Nurseries, baby surfaces, play areas, toys, and high chairs
- Pet feeding and living areas
- Fruit and vegetables
- Office desks, phones, and common area or high-touch surfaces like a copy machine keypad
- School desks, counters, and high-touch surfaces
- Topical antiseptic for cuts, scrapes, and abrasions
- Air cleaner and odor remover
- Hotel room cleaning – bring the dry bottle with salt inside, add tap water from the hotel, and clean surfaces, remote controls, phones, etc.
The generator is powered by a USB cable. Table salt and tap water are the only consumables. This sodium hypochlorite generator saves a lot of money compared to store-bought chemical disinfectant!
The sodium hypochlorite solution has a shelf life of 2-3 weeks, after which the unused portion should be emptied down a sink. Add water and salt, and fresh batch is ready in 8 minutes!
Benefits of Sodium Hypochlorite
Compared to commercially purchased cleaning products, sodium hypochlorite is:
- Practically free!
Safety & Precautions
Sodium hypochlorite is very safe for at-home use and comes with significantly fewer risks than harsh chemical cleaners. However, as with all Modern Hygiene products, we aim to prevent misuse by sharing all appropriate precautions.
According to resources on the US National Institute of Health’s website, “Sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) has been used in medical and commercial situations dating back to the 18th century for its disinfectant properties, including topical use in medicine as an antiseptic. For this indication, NaOCl is a proven and safe chemical. However, exposure of NaOCl beyond topical use is associated with significant risks due to its strong oxidizing properties. Potentially damaging scenarios include ingestion, inhalation, deposition into tissue or injection into the bloodstream.”
Do not mix sodium hypochlorite with other household cleaning products.
Sodium hypochlorite is not recommended for use on:
- Fabric, including silk, wool, nylon, and leather, as it can cause fading and color loss
- Metals and stainless steel, where it can cause corrosion
Expect to receive your sodium hypochlorite generator and spray bottle in 4-5 weeks. For more information about shipping visit our shipping information page here.
- 1 sodium hypochlorite generator
- 1 USB power cable
- 1 salt measuring spoon
- 1 manual
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.